According to Ayurveda, summer is the time of the year where our digestive strength is less effective, therefore light foods are the most appropriated for this season.
If you want to increase your digestive strength try the practice of Agnisar, first thing in the morning for 5 minutes
- Stand with your legs apart, slightly wider than your shoulders
- Bend your knees and place your hands on the top of your tights
- Take a deep breath In
- Bend forward with your knees bent and blow the air all out
- Hold your breath OUT
- Now with your breath held, start pumping your belly back and forward
- When you need to inhale, stretch first your legs, than take a breath in
- Do 3 rounds of full breath before you repeat
You can do this exercise 3 to 5 repetitions. If you feel dizzy, stop and wait until you feel centered again.
This kriya (purification technique) is optimal for better digestion and absorption.
The small intestine has a very close connection with our mental abilities to digest life, absorb what we need in the most effective way, so clearing the energy of the small intestine in the body improves mental power.
To make this practice more effective and raise your digestive strength. start making a morning ritual out of drinking ginger lemon hot water.